Quick Protein Bread
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 60 minutes
Servings 1 loaf (approx 12 slices)
- 2 ¾ cups Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- ⅓ cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp rosemary fresh or dried
- ½ tsp thyme fresh or dried
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease a standard 9x5 loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the Flourish, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, rosemary, and thyme together.
- In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk, the egg, and olive oil together.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients. Gently stir and fold the ingredients until all the flour has been incorporated and a wet batter is formed. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and pat it into the corners. Bake for 45-50 minutes. When finished, the loaf should be domed and golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. Let the loaf cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing and slicing.
- Wrap baked loaves tightly in plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
Information based off 1 serving size (1 slice of loaf)