Protein Blueberry Muffins (Plant-Based & GF)
Plant-Based Protein Blueberry Muffins
Prep Time 10 minutes
- 2 cups Flourish GF/PB Original Protein Pancake Mix
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- ½ banana, mashed
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Flourish, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt. Add two thirds of the blueberries into the flour mixture to lightly coat them (this will help prevent them from sinking to the bottom).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, banana, oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold together until no dry streaks remain, a few small lumps is fine. Be careful not to over-beat the batter.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cases, try and get an equal amount of batter in each one. Top with remaining blueberries over the top of each one.
- Bake for five minutes then turn the oven down to 375°F and continue to bake 20 minutes or until pale golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (apart from blueberry juice).
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.