Protein Apple Fritters
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 Fritters
- 1 ¾ cups Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- ¼ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 large apples, diced (granny smith, honey crisp or other crisp variety)
- vegetable oil, for frying* (or peanut, canola oil)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk Flourish Pancake Mix, cane sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Add in applesauce and almond milk to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Fold in the diced apples.
- FRY : Heat 2 inches of oil in a large, heavy skillet or pot to about 375 degrees. Drop about 1/4 cup of batter per fritter into hot oil; spreading it out as you drop. Cook each side until golden brown; approximately 2 minutes per side. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- BAKE : Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop about 1/4 cup on lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Place the cooked fritters on a cooling rack with a pan or parchment paper underneath to catch glaze later.
- To make glaze, whisk powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl until smooth. Dunk each fritter into the glaze and place back on the rack to harden and drip.
Nutritionals (per serving, baked)
Calories: 151 cals
Protein: 11 g
Fat: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 30 g
Sugar: 15 g
Fiber: 3 g